July 7, 2012

Forest Park

Forest Park

             I've been into running for about three years now but I'm still a "newb" in every sense of the word. I average three to four miles per run at a decent pace. Today I decided to check out Forest Park with my friend Kaylynn because I've been interested in trail running for some time, we decided it was about time to just bite the bullet. IT WAS KILLER! The run was awesome! But Holy Schnikies! It was hard! We ran three steady miles and ended up walking the entire way back at the halfway point. We came across some steep (and I mean STEEP!) hills. My legs are going to be feeling it tomorrow. 

Loved the trail, will definitely return and hopefully be more conditioned by then.
I didn't see any bathrooms around so make sure you go before you, well, go

Oh, and here's a cool fact: Forest Park is one of the nation's largest urban forest reserves with over 70 miles of trails! That's nuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment