September 4, 2012

Salt & Straw


Holy SCHNIKIES! I don't even know if I spelled that right, probably not. But I don't even care because I'm so excited about this place! I'll be honest, I found a hair in my ice cream, but it was so good I ate it regardless. I know. But, that doesn't say much about me, once I ate a piece of pizza that fell on the floor in my car. That's a different story though, I was in a hurry and I was hungry. Haven't you been broke in college before? Anyways, back to Salt and Straw, or as I like to call it, Heaven.

They have the wildest flavors of ice cream here! The ice cream is homemade with additional ingredients like love and crack. But don't worry, those special ingredients are calorie-free, so ladies feel free to indulge. They even make bland vanilla seem spontaneous. Okay, I just made that up. Vanilla has never been spontaneous. But Honey Balsamic Strawberry with Cracked Pepper is! Not your thing? Then try a seasonal flavor like Chevre with Marionberry Habanero Jam. That's not your thing either? Go to Baskin Robins.

The price you pay for good ice cream: $3.95 single scoop and $5.95 for double.

Here's the list of flavors: (heads up, they may be interchangeable because I don't recall seeing all these flavors on the board when visiting.)
  • Honey Lavender (Zach liked it)
  • Chevre with Marionberry Habenero
  • Sweet Summer Corn Buttermilk Sherbert
  • Citra Hops with Apricots
  • Rockyroad with Honey Marshmallows & Candied Hazeluts
  • Horchata Sorbet
  • Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbon
  • Double Fold Vanilla
  • Chocolate with Gooey Brownies
  • Honey Balsamic Strawberry with Cracked Pepper
  • Cinnamon Snickerdoodle (Yum! I like this one)
  • Coffee & Bourbon (Tamara's favorite)
  • Almond Brittle with Salted Ganache (and a side of diabetes- on the house)
  • Banana Caramel & Walnuts
  • Pear with Blue Cheese
  • Lemon Basil Sorbet

They usually close around 11 but we got served at 11:30. One of the employees mentioned that they don't actually close the door at a set time, they wait until the last customer is served. Usually they stay open until midnight.

How it works:
1. Get there
2. Wait in line a few days. I'm exaggerating, but I'm estimating the wait could take up to 45 minutes.
3. Get samples. It's vital that you don't be shy. Try 4 or 5 flavors, you never know what you'll like until you try it. Hasn't your mama taught you anything?
4. Choose between a cone or a cup and decided on your flavor(s)
5. Pay. They use iPads to process payments, so tech savvy.
6. Thank whoever served you, they just changed your life.

Congratulations, you have just enriched your life.... and emptied your wallet. Enjoy.


Salt & Straw on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment