November 14, 2012

Family Dinner November 14th



The girls and I decided to make a little family dinner tonight. Our parents are out of town and we figured it'd be fun to see what we're capable of making on our own. We decided on simple mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus, cornbread, parisian salad, and kettle corn. We realized that we've run out of eggs so Yana and I headed over to Fred Meyer to pick some up. We made the mistake of going through the chocolate aisle, (I'll let the picture below speak for itself...). Speaking of eggs! Here's a little Trivia I learned yesterday- the 100+ pleats on a chef's hat represent the different ways he/she knows to prepare an egg.


I was in charge of making the potatoes, Yana the asparagus, and Lora entertaining us with christmas music and preparing the salad. The entire event was exciting to prepare for some reason. The christmas music (I don't know if playing christmas music before Thanksgiving is taboo, but it made the house feel "together"- so I'm not apologizing for it!) was the topping on the cake. Hope you enjoy the pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment