August 18, 2012

Say Cheese! Tillamook Cheese!


The Tillamook Cheese Factory is a place we've been going to for a few years. We usually stop in on our way home from the beach. It's become one of my favorite traditions. Before I make this sound like some kind of cheese Utopia, understand it's cheese factory turned into a tourist attraction. I magnify it because I'm fond of it. Don't expect 100-acre cheese-themed tours upon cattle back; expect a cheese sampling table, good quality ice cream, fresh baked waffle cones, and an overpriced souvenir shop. You know, typical tourist place.

I think that Tillamook can be summed up like this- the cheese here is like candy. I love their cheese and at the factory you can find varieties that they don't sell in regular stores, like their squeaky cheese (a crowd pleaser). I also love their ice cream, my personal favorite is Marionberry Pie. Yummy! Shoot! Now I feel an urge for a midnight ice cream run. Just great!

Well, here are the pictures. I hope you enjoy them :)




Cheese sampling table:


The actually factory is visible to the public. Kiddos seem to get a kick out of it. 


The cheese store. Cheese lovers, make sure you're sitting down for this, the pictures are detailed.

The good stuff- the ice cream shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment