August 21, 2012

Multnomah Falls


One of my good friends named Boji invited me for a picnic at the falls on Sunday morning. I was very tired that day so I wasn't the best company but regardless, I really liked our little trip. According to Oregon.com Multnomah falls is a must-see attraction. It's very popular among locals and tourists alike,  and the specific Sunday that we went there was hardly any available parking. So if you plan on visiting during the peak season of Summer make sure you arrive early and avoid coming around noon because it's very congested. 


Located 30 munites from Portland, Multnomah falls is the tallest waterfall in Oregon with an accumulated height of 611 feet. (That's also the height of my ex-boyfriend's ego, if I'm not mistaken). It's quoted as being the second tallest year-round waterfall in the U.S. but that's being debated. The Benson Bridge separates the two tiers and stands at an elevation of 105 feet above the lower cascade. A steep mile hike takes you to the very top of the falls- housing a magnificent view of the Columbia Gorge, weather permitting.  

Good to know: leashed pets are allowed on the trails; and it's recommended that visitors bring a sweater even during the summertime due to the draft caused by the waterfall's mist.

Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment