July 23, 2012

Portland Aerial Tram


Ladies and gentlemen I like this thing. Actually, I think I love it! I love it so much that I've actually gone on a date here, twice. I know what you're thinking and don't worry- they did call me back. It's a fun way to get a wicked aerial view of the city. It's fast and easy to take, it's also a pretty smooth ride minus one bumpy part when the tram passes the dividing tower (picture above). Here's a few pictures for you guys, hope you enjoy them. 

How the Tram works
This little thing is very easy to ride, all you have to do is follow these steps:
1. Buy a ticket for $4. Tickets are required to ride the tram to the top. If you're at the top and want a ride down there is no fare required. You purchase tickets at the base, it's designed to be like a roundtrip pass. I'm sure they assume that what goes up must come down and vise versa. 
2. A Tram operator checks for valid fare and lets you aboard.
3. Enjoy the sights. Make small talk, or not. 
4. Say thanks to the operator and get off. 

Quick Facts: 
The Tram holds 79 passengers per cabin, with 2 cabins operating simultaneously. 
It travels at 22 MPH, reaching its destination in approximately 3 minutes. 


The View:

Upper Level:

No comments:

Post a Comment