June 4, 2012

My Favorite Quotations

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
Samuel Johnson

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in al the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can."
John Wesley


If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.
Fred Rogers 

We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It's easy to say "it's not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem." Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heros.
Fred Rogers 

I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize. The first is gentleness; the second frugality; the third is humility, which keeps me from putting myself before others. Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men.
Lao-Tzu 

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

No comments:

Post a Comment