February 19, 2013

Marathon Training Progress

Hey everyone,

The plan is to register for the Vancouver Marathon on Friday (3 days from now). I'm on the 4th week of Hal Higdon's Novice 1 training program, I gave myself 3 extra weeks in case of an injury or if I get sick. I just have to say- love running all the more since starting the training. My favorite runs are the LSDs. However, I find that I need to slow myself down in order to reap the benefits of the long distance. I feel like I'm not running adequately knowing that I have so much fuel in the tank. The point of the long distances is to build endurance, to prep your legs for the amount of time needed to run 26 miles. But my legs want to speed off from the start, causing awful soreness in the days to come. I plan on really taking in slow for today's 10 miler, without feeling guilty!

It's such a busy day today. I work from 9:15-1:15 and from 3:15-8:30. I have a two hour gap for the ten miler. The quote "someone who is busier than you is running right now," comes to mind. Excuses are for those who need them. I'm leaving pity at the door.

P.S. I bought a week's worth of fruits and veggies. I'm going to start shopping for produce on a weekly basis in order to make sure I'm consuming seasonal fruit. 

Have a good one everybody!
Hopefully you guys are working towards your goals too.

No comments:

Post a Comment