July 15, 2012

Best Almond Croissant in Portland

So I've been on the hunt for Portland's best almond croissant. After some serious research I narrowed it down to two places: Ken's and Nuvrei. To make sure I didn't cheat you guys out of a fair number of opinions I subjected three friends to a blind test. Three our of three agreed that the honor belongs to Ken's.

Now, let me say that both croissants are good. They're both delicious and well made. However, when comparing the two- Ken's comes off as flaky, aromatic, and is accompanied by the perfect almond paste. The croissant isn't sweet the way you'd expect. It has a very welcoming and mild sweetness that would pair perfectly with a cup of coffee. Nuvrei's croissant also had a good paste, but where Ken's feels airy, Nuvrei's feels a little flat.

So, with no further ado, I present to you, Portland, the best croissant in the city. Ken's Bakery almond croissant! (Round of applause please), and now the pictures:

Ken's Bakery Almond Croissant 
Nuvrei Bakery Almond Croissant

No comments:

Post a Comment